Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Dresser in CeCe Caldwell's Vermont Slate with Walnut Grove and Kukui Stains

Well it's back to work for me here which means a furniture makeover post.

Today's victim is an old dresser I purchased a short time ago.
Of course I had already started working on it before I remembered to take some pictures.
The finish was a little beat up and the veneer was loose in a few spots. No problem.


I used CeCe Caldwell's Vermont Slate on the drawers and body of the dresser. I like the dark grey-blue color.


The top was pretty scratched up but a few coats of CeCe Caldwell's new Stain + Finish colors took care of that problem. I used Walnut Grove first then added a coat of Kukui.
I have to tell you that over the past several months of working on my projects at Newport Marketplace, I've really missed working with stains. The smell of those products prevented me from using them while other people were in the store. CeCe Caldwell's new Stain + Finish products are just so cool. NO SMELL! Very little prep work (if any) is needed. They can be applied over old stains, they have beautifully rich colors that just get better with each layer added (up to 6 layers can be applied), and no finish sealant is necessary. Just stain and you're done. All smooth and shiny.
And did I mention NO SMELL?


Using layers of the 2 different stains create an interesting effect. Almost wood grain look.


I sealed the paint with a coat of CeCe Caldwell's Dark Aging Wax and Waxing Cream.
Once again I'm really struggling with the quality of my pictures in the lighting I have in my work space. I do need to work on that.


I love this look.



No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...