Saturday, February 23, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day 53 ... aaaand Day 54 ... More glass garden art.

My bad.
I took a picture for day 53 but by the time the day was over, I was too lazy to bother writing up a post for it.
So here it is, day 53 and day 54.
 
Day 53
There was a light coating of ice and snow on everything in the morning but it didn't last too long. Before noon, it warmed up a bit and the ice melted and the trees were back to their usual drab color.
 
Day 54
Yea, today is a typical late winter, gloomy, drab day.
 
It's started out snowing just a bit.
It's that kind of snow that looks like teeny, tiny little styrofoam balls.
I know there's a name for it but I don't have a clue what it is.
 
Actually, I'm going to take back part of that last paragraph.
It's snowing like crazy now.
It's still that funky little ball type snow though.
 
No wait. It stopped snowing.
Never mind.
Now it's raining.
 
Can you see where this is going today?
 
Well anyway.....
 
I spent the day working on more glass thing-a-ma-jigs for the garden.
I blogged about this type of project not too long ago.
You can see that post here.
 
I simply take a bunch of random glass items like teacups, saucers, bowls, and vases and turn them into garden art. They can be used as small planters, bird feeders, bird baths and/or sun catchers.
I'll apologize in advance for the quality of some of these pictures.
It was after dark when I took them and they just simply need sunshine, not flash bulbs, to look their best.







 
Of course having them surrounded by a bunch of beautiful flowers would help instead of plopping them in the middle of my pitiful fern.  
 


No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...