Saturday, February 2, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day 33 ... What do rodents and Meteorology have in common?

So...Punxsutawney Phil is telling us that we can expect an early spring.
Wait .. let me put on my "Like I'm gonna believe that" face.

(I know this is a muskrat and not a groundhog but a rodent is a rodent)

What do rodents and meteorology have in common?
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING PEOPLE!

Because there were a few clouds in the sky today and this rodent didn't get to see it's shadow, we are supposed to have an early spring.

Inquiring minds want to know (well, my mind does anyway)
 ... What's the definition of an early spring?

If he saw his shadow, then we would have 6 more weeks of winter. That would put us in the middle of March for spring.
HELL....I live in Upstate NY. Spring in the middle of March is a damn blessing. We've been known to be whipped with the frosty winds of winter way into the dregs of April and, yes, sometimes May.

Which brings me back to "What's the definition of an early spring?".
Tomorrow, next week, first week of March??

I guess we'll have to wait and see but if I don't see a daffodil by the 15th of March (day 74), I'm gonna declare open season on that worthless rodent.


So, on to ...
Day 33


Snowy, cold, and crappy.
Think I better start cleaning my gun.

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...