Sunday, February 3, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day 34 ... Superbowl schmuperbowl

I, for one, am not going to be in the ranks of those asking you what your thoughts are on the superbowl.
I didn't watch it.
I think it's just one long, drawn out, commercial filled, waste of time.
The only channel it was broadcast on, doesn't even come in on my no cable-no dish-tv. This proves that it's not even worth the time of day for the two major networks to carry it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not just anti-football. I, actually, feel the same way about pretty much every sport.
  1. Football. How can a bunch of overgrown men, getting a bit too touchy feely and spending the day throwing themselves at each other, be considered a sport? An X-rated program maybe but not a sport.
  2. Baseball. Seriously? Since when is spitting and grabbing yourself considered a sport? If Justin Bieber can do it, it's not a sport.
  3. Basketball? Nah. If they got rid of the ball and just judged each other on how high and far they could jump, they might have something. Oh wait, that's already being done with horses.
  4. Soccer. Mmmmm? Kicking a ball from one end of the field to the other, then turning around and kicking it back again. No. Needs something.
  5. Golf? Golf should be in the nighttime sleep aid category not the sports category.
  6. Hockey is just a bunch of brats beating each other up with sticks. Replace the puck with a politician pushing for gun control, THEN we might have something worth betting on folks.

Basically, I'm not a sports fan.
Go ahead. Hate me.
I can take it.


Day 34.

Yea, more blah.
But good news...there's a lake effect snow event (Weather forecasters don't like to say storm anymore. They call them events now.) heading our way.
Early spring my a$$. Anyone know how to make groundhog stew?

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...