Monday, January 21, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day21

Day 21

I broke a nail trying to open the screen door just so I can get this shot of the valley today.
Was it worth it? Yea, right.



Just another snowy, cold day here. Although, we really haven't gotten that much snow lately. I've heard reports from some of my Facebook friends who live somewhat south of here that they've gotten about a foot of snow.
If you're not familiar with where I live, it's unusual when other areas get snow and we don't. We are usually the ones who get pounded when mother nature gets in a snuff.
So about 2 inches on the ground....I'm not complain' one bit.
As an update to this.... we are supposed to get pounded tonight with snow so we'll see.

 This is day 2 with my new computer.

I forgot how much I really love a regular keyboard. I practically hugged it when I unpacked it from the box yesterday.
There's just something about the sound of the keys as I type.
Clickety, clickety...
Yea, that sound. You just don't hear it with the laptop.

I wrote the following earlier this afternoon while still trying to get my picture editor to work ...
Still having trouble with the picture editing software that I like to use (Pixlr Express). Can not get my edited pictures to save to my computer no matter what I do. Grrrr...
I'm cheap and am looking for an editor that's free if you have any suggestions.
Wouldn't you know it, I tried it again tonight and it worked just fine.
I have no idea why it's been fighting me and all of the sudden it's working.
I'm clueless here.

Anyway...
I will be taking my new desktop and my old laptop to Best Buy tomorrow to have them move all my pictures and files over so I will be offline for at least 24 hours.
Aaaahhhhhh.... 24 hours without a computer.
I'm having a panic attack just thinking about it.

For you Shut the Front Door junkies (I know there's at least one of you out there) ...I'll take pictures and try to get the posts up for the days I miss as soon as I can. No worries...

It was also inauguration day today. Did anyone follow the pomp and circumstance on tv? It was a bit too long and drawn out for me to watch. I saw just a bit of their motorcade parade down the street where they got out and walked for, like, 2 blocks. That's all I could take of it.
 I just want to know when they are all going to get back to work and start earning their paychecks. Now that would be news worth covering.
Politicians at work.....oxymoron?

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...