Thursday, January 24, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day 22, 23 and 24 ... Whew!

I'm Baaaaaack!!!

Missed Me??

No?

Didn't even know I was gone huh?

Thought so.

I took my new computer and my old laptop back to Best Buy to have all my pictures and documents transferred over. Now that I have everything back up and running smoothly (and fairly rapidly, I might add), I have no excuse to procrastinate on getting anything done around here.

Right?
Yea, ok.

I actually learned something about myself while I was pretty much "unplugged".
I learned that I discovered Pintrest many, many ...many years ago.
I just called it hording and there was nothing digital about it.
You see, I did a little de-cluttering over the past couple of "computer-free" days.
My Pintrest consisted of pictures that I cut out of magazines, books, catalogs, and junk mail.
I cut them out and saved them by category in binders. I had pictures of things I liked, ways I wanted to decorate, plant and garden ideas, organizing ideas, crafting ideas, and recipes.
I spent a several hours going through those pictures and was amazed at how much time I must have spent over the years on them. Then, with the exception of a handful of those pictures, I threw them all away.
Anyone need a few empty binders?


So....

Day 22
Cold.
-6F


 
 
Day 23
Colder.
-10F

And
Day 24
Coldest.
-15F

The house has been doing nothing but snap, crackle, pop for the past 3 days. I have a blanket up against my front door because the cold is just seeping past the crappy rubber strip that's supposed to be a weather seal and leaving a slight layer of frost at the edge of the floor.

Hope you all are staying warm.

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...