Sunday, January 20, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day 20 ... The learning curve

My laptop is dying.
I had to make the very difficult decision to purchase a new computer before my laptop crashed and left me scrambling.
I hate, hate, hate, shopping for tech stuff. There is nothing that makes you feel more stupid than shopping for tech stuff when you are tech illiterate.

I decided that I was done with laptops for now and decided to go back to a desktop so the HP Envy with 10GB hard drive and 1TB memory is what I settled on. Don't ask me what that means, I just went with the one that made the eyes of the Best Buy salesman bug out. Actually, Jeremy (from Best Buy in New Hartford), was really nice and he did come highly recommended as a very knowledgeable guy who won't push you into more than you need. I need storage and enough power to handle all the photos and files I save horde.

Anyway, I have my new computer home now and spent the whole day today trying to get used to all the new "stuff". Windows 8 for example. Uggg. So far, not liking that at all. I'm not an app person and Windows 8 is all about apps. I suppose I will get used to it but it's not doing anything for me right now.
I am having trouble trying to get the program that I use to edit my pictures to cooperate so the pictures I'm adding to tonight's post are completely unedited (no resizing, borders, or signature--so don't steal them).

Hopefully it won't take me too long to get this whole thing figured out.

Speaking of tech stupid.....It took me over an hour today to figure out why I don't have sound. I didn't buy speakers, DUH!

Day 20
The weather was really wild today. We had warm temps and rain then cold and snow but it was really windy all day. It would go from nice and sunny to total whiteout in a matter of seconds.



Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day (with the weather and my learning curve).

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...