Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pretty Place for Magnets ... A Quick Project from Junk

 
Ever see these metal trays in garage sales, flea markets, or perhaps your own attic?
 
 
I've had this one sitting around for a little while just waiting for an idea to hit.
 
Ever get greeting cards in the mail?
Do you feel bad about throwing them out?
I do so I've been hoarding them for years.
 
 
Well, one day...
the little metal tray was sitting beside this basket full of cards...
and insanity genius took over my brain (like an alien invasion or something).
That alien invasion thing would explain a lot ... really.
 
And, as most of my projects start, I broke out a can of spray paint.
 
 
While the paint was drying I picked out a cute card and cut out the pictures.
 
Once the paint was dry, I used Modge Podge to stick the pictures to the tray.
Then added a thin layer of Modge Podge over the pictures to seal them to the tray.
 
 
Cute!
 
 and Cuter!
 
A little E-6000 to stick a little hanging bracket to the back.
 
 
Throw in a few little ladybug magnets.

 
And you have a cute place to keep those all important notes.

 
So, now I only have to figure out what I'm going to do with the next 1000 or so cards.
I think I need more Modge Podge.

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...