Thursday, September 6, 2012

And Life Goes On in My Family

There was no celebrating going on in my family over Labor Day weekend.
My 91 year old grandmother was slowly but surely slipping away from us and on Sunday, the 2nd day of September, she stopped struggling and passed away.

 
 
My grandmother was a very special woman. She had 2 children, 6 grandchildren, 9 great grandchildren, 5 great-great grandchildren, and she was mother/grandmother to almost 100 foster children. She had a big heart and lots of patience.
 

We already miss her.
But life goes on.............

Yesterday, the 5th of September, my grandmother's 6th great-great grandchild was born.

For me, Arabella Mae is my 6th grandchild and weighing in at 5lbs. 10 3/4oz, she's the smallest one yet. Healthy, alert, and already a bit talkative, but so tiny.

 


Her sister, Savannah Annabelle, is 16 months old, just learned how to crawl   walk  run, and only visits just to show me her huge blue eyes and how dirty my floors really are.

 
 
Morgan Grace is almost 8 years old and is the oldest of my grandchildren. She's a true mini-me of her mother and loves bling.

 
Her sister, Meredith Alyssa, is a little over 5 years old, loves hats and mismatched clothes, and has the biggest dimples I've ever seen.

 
Meah Marie is Morgan and Meredith's little sister. She just turned a year old the other day and for some reason, I don't seem to have a picture of her without something in her mouth. She also has the same stunning red hair as her sister Meredith.
 
 

Wyatt Nathan is the only boy in this parade of grandchildren. He's about 7 1/2 years old and a typical boy. If it has wheels, tracks, sirens, lights, fur, scales, or dirt....he's attracted to it.

 
Of course, this lineup of grand kids wouldn't be possible without our 4 daughters. Yea, that's right. I said 4 daughters. Insane. I know. Should of had my head examined years ago. Too late for me now.
 
Our oldest is Jennifer (mother of Morgan, Meredith and Meah), a stay at home mom and apparently pretty serious about t-ball. Not very good at it obviously but serious.
 
 
Next is Michelle (Wyatt's mother), an aspiring nurse and practicing competitor for vogue competitions.

 
Our third daughter, Lindsey, prefers to be considered favorite aunt, keeper of the tallest heels, and perhaps a future white water rafter (as long as she doesn't have to get her hair wet).

 
 
Which brings me to our youngest, Catherine (Savannah and Arabella's mom). Seen here giving me attitude about taking pictures again. When she's not home with her girls, she's busy building a career in food service. I wonder if she stands like that when she asks "Do you want fries with that"?

 
I'm tired!


2 comments:

  1. Kim,
    So sorry to read about your grandmother's death. It sounds like she lead a very full life touching and inspiring many others in a positive way. I'm sure she lives on in you and your family -- such is the circle of life. Your daughters and grandchildren are beautiful.
    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind thoughts Deborah.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog!