Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11 ...A Thousand Words Summed Up With Two Simple Numbers

 
 
9/11
 
Television, radio, internet...
They stream memorial ceremonies, stories and remembrances of that terrible day.
 
 
It seems like everyone can remember that morning.
They know where they were,
what they were doing,
who they were with,
and who they wish they were with at that never-ending moment in time.
  
  
I'm fortunate not to have lost someone close to me.
I'm fortunate that I knew where my children were and where all my family members were.
I fortunate that I didn't have a single close friend who was suffering from the loss of a loved one.
 
 
But this day isn't about me and my fortunes.
 
 
This day is about all those souls who were lost.
This day is about their family and friends who have been left behind to pick up the pieces.
This day is about heroes who tried in vain to save others only to sacrifice themselves in the process.
This day is about those who were to scared to do anything more then pray before they perished.
 
 
This day is about remembering who we are as a country.
 
 
This day is ... 
9/11 

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...