Thursday, May 23, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Days 134 through 142 ... and 143 ... One. Long. A$$. Post.

I feel I really need to apologize to everyone who has been reading this blog.
It seems that as the days get nicer, I have less and less time to devote to putting up a post everyday and now it's been over a week (9 days to be exact) since my last post.
Honestly, I didn't realize it had been that long until I actually sat down here to type tonight.
 
So I will attempt to keep this post short even though I have taken over 350 pictures since my last post.
 
Day 134
I'm not off to a good start here.
This was a Tuesday and I spent the day working at Newport Market Place so I didn't take a Front Door picture that day.
 
Day 135
Holy crap!
No Front Door picture again today.
All I have is a few inprocess pictures of some tables and a few drive-by photos.
You can see that it was pretty much a dreary, rainy day but the Amish are still out and about with their team and plows.
Not sure if you can tell but that's a very steep hill. I'm looking pretty much straight up from the road here.
This would be a very bad place to try tipping cows.
They would roll all the way to the bottom of the hill.
 
I'm working on a post of some before and after shots of my most recent furniture makeovers.
I'll get that posted as soon as I can.
I promise.
 
Day 136
Finally remembered to get a Front Door picture :)

Early morning shot.
And a bonus late evening shot.
 
Day 137
No Front Door pic.
Nothing.
Nada.
Zip.
 
Day 138
Was a very, very, busy, beautiful day.
 
I hit up a ton of garage sales.
 
Had help from my granddaughter painting some of my furniture scores.
 
We hauled some dirt.
 
We piled some blocks.
 
We built a ..... crypt?
 
Actually we are trying our hand at raised bed gardens but it does look kinda crypt-y.
 
My house.
Kinda creepy huh?
 
Day 139
Was a dull, dreary day.
 
But that didn't stop someone from ripping up the front yard again.
 
We had enough blocks to finish one garden and we are short 6 blocks to finish the second.
I know what you're thinking.
I miscounted how many blocks I needed.
Wrong.
I needed 96.
The place where I ordered them from only had 90.
My evil plan is to keep adding on to the gardens until most of the field is full of them.
Yea, I'm evil like that.
 
Day 140
Another beautiful day.
I love this weather!!
But I also spent some time on the road again today which means....
more drive-by photography.
Once again, barns seem to draw my focus.
Get it?
Focus...
photography...
crickets...
never mind.
 

See the little goat in the doorway?

This is a new Amish barn.
Went up in one day.
Amazing.
 
I also managed to get in a walk around the yard today.
The apple blossoms are beautiful.
Sorry they are blurry.
They were too high up for me to get close and the wind was blowing so the branch wouldn't stay still.

The yard is full of dandelions already.

The tamarack is getting new shoots but it's still full of last years old brown pinecones.
 
Day 141
Was a day filled with big bad clouds,
thunder,
lightening,
high winds,
and fears of a tornado.
 
 
Day 142
Another day filled with very strange weather and funky clouds.
It started out innocent enough.
But then....
Dun...Dun...Dun..........
The valley is getting drenched.



Finally a break in the weather with a nice sunset.
 
Day 143
I have to extend the number of days since my last post to 10 because I tried to get this post up last night but I didn't make it.
It was late, I was tired, and I said the heck with it, it can wait till tomorrow.
What's one more day.
And...
of course, I forgot to take a picture today.
Go figure.
 
Again, I apologize for the length of this post and for the number of pictures.
If you actually managed to get through the whole thing,
I thank you very, very much.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...