Monday, April 29, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day 117, 118, and 119 ... Losing my mind and missing those lost.

Once again it's been a few days since my last post.
Quite honestly,
I don't have a flippin' clue where the past few days even went.
It's really sad actually.
I am now relying on the pictures on my camera to remind me where I've been and what I've been up to.
It's like photo-tracking for Alzheimer's.
I'm getting so bad I might have to start wearing a Go-Pro video camera on my forehead.
 
I'm sitting here right now (at 8:00pm) realizing that I haven't taken one picture out my front door in the past 3 days.
So, I just ran to the front door to snap a quick photo even though it's barely light out.
I have a serious problem.
 
So...
Day 117.
No front door pic.
Just a drive-by photo.
 
Today was one of the days that the scenic trail at Trenton Falls was open.
I, unfortunately, was able to drive through there but didn't have time to stop and walk around.
 
Day 118.
Again, no front door pic to show you.
I know how disappointed you are (ya right).
 
The water surging over Delta Dam this year.
 
Amish buggy.
Going too slow to stay behind.
Too close to the curve (a.k.a...my driveway) to pass.
That was the longest 10 minutes of my life.
 
Daughter #3 trying her hand ... er ... feet at go cart driving.
Not sure which one won this race but my bet was on the dog.
 
And on to Day 119.
Almost dark out.
And...rainy.
 
And lastly...
Today would have been my grandmother's 92nd birthday.
She passed away in Sep of 2012.
Grandpa has been gone since Oct of 2011.
I'm sitting here at this moment realizing that I really miss them.
So sad.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...