Thursday, February 28, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day 59 ... Goodbye February!

It's Day 59,
and with that, the shortest, yet painfully longest,
month of the year is finally over.
 
 
Since tomorrow is March and we are supposed to be having an early spring (yea, make me laugh .. hysterically), I'm expecting all this snow to be gone by the time I wake up in the morning.
Somehow, I think I have a better chance of a meeting with some happy fellows who want to dress me in a comfy white coat.
 
While I dodge the white coat people, how about another drive-by photography tour?
 
To get anywhere,
you must first survive the luge.
 
Look up.
But only if you want globs of snow dropped in your eyes.
Ha!...
It's as if the branches are pointing in all directions and saying, "Looky there".
 
How about a short tour of the little ole' Village of Remsen?
Established in 1798.
 
The blacksmith shop.
Circa 1800.
 
Old Baptist Church dedicated in 1893.
Is currently the Remsen Arts Center.

Methodist Church built in 1892.
 
Remsen Central School.
Looks nothing like it did when I was there.
Updated to it's current standing in 1980 and 1997.
 
This is what the school looked like when I was younger.
(source: 1970 yearbook. photographer unknown.)
Building was dedicated in 1935.
 
Didymus Thomas Memorial Library.
Corner stones laid in 1908.
 
The dates I included with the pictures above, I found on the Village of Remsen's webpage.
 
Time to go home.
 
Why is it so dark and cloudy up there?
It's like living at the top of Mount Doom.
 
Snow plow took out the stop sign and buried it in the snow bank.
 
Story of my life.
 
It's all uphill from here.
 
Goodbye February!
See you tomorrow March.
Which incidentally, I hear you're coming in like a lamb.
You better stay that way.
 

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...