Sunday, February 24, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day 55 ... No time for Nascar when there are unfinished projects.

Day 55
 
You know, before I started doing this "Shut the Front Door" series, I never realized just how many days we have that are so dull and lifeless.
It's like Groundhog Day over and over and over and over....
 
No wonder I feel like scratching my eyes out before spring.
Just another reason why that worthless little rodent would be put to better use by sitting in a cast iron pot with some potatoes and carrots.
 
So anyway,
today was a special day in history.
Today was the first day a woman was first in line at the Daytona 500.
Do I normally watch Nascar?
No.
Did I watch it today?
No.
Because of this monumentus 1st for womankind, do I feel more empowered?
Why YES!
Yes I do.
And I celebrated my newfound empowerment by making my husband pull his but up off the couch DURING the race to help me finish up this project...
 
You see, I hate using the drill.
It's heavy.
I usually can't hang onto the thing while holding on to the wood,
 the brackets,
 and the screws.
It's an emergency room visit just waiting to happen.
 
I'm sure he would rather watch the race on his own tv while using a drill than on the tv in the emergency room while someone's typhoid toddler coughs and sneezes all over him. 


No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...