Monday, February 11, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day 42 ... Random thoughts from unsupervised fingers

Day 42
 
Another typical Upstate NY winter day.
Freezing rain, rain, sun, more rain, sleet, and then snow again.

 
 
I like the way the snowflakes look like little orbs in the light.
 
 
Sometimes I sit here and words just pour out onto the screen from fingers that seem to have a mind of their own.
Yea, I'm blaming half the nonsense I write on unsupervised fingers.
 
Then there are nights like tonight where I really struggle to write.
 
As I sit here, I'm thinking about all that's been going on in the news lately.
It's kinda scary sometimes (the news, not the fact that I'm thinking...although that can be scary sometimes too).
 
Blizzards burying the east coast.
Tornadoes cutting a swath through the middle of the country.
Congress working (most scary oxymoron thought of all).
Asteroids giving the earth a buzz cut while playing chicken with thousands of satellites.
A Pope who is too tired to continue his running battle with humanity (or the lack thereof).
 
What's even more disconcerting is that
the Vatican was actually struck by lightning after the Pope announced his resignation.
 
Seriously.
I think we're in deep s*^t when the Pope gets a literal flick on the ear by the finger of God.
 
Not cool.
 
 
Sometimes there's nothing you can do but
 wait for the storm to pass and look for the rainbow.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...