Monday, January 7, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day 7

So, this is the first FULL week of January 2013.

My first order of business this morning was to call the doctor's office to see if I could get an appointment with someone about my cough.

I've had this cold since the first week of November.
I feel like crap for 2 weeks, I feel pretty good for 3, maybe 4 days, then I'm back to feeling like crap for another 2 weeks.....
This is my 4th round with this same crap but my cough this time is much worse. I can barely breathe once I get coughing.

Anyway...I called the doctor's office at 8:30 this morning (I was shocked that I didn't get a busy signal).
They asked me what was wrong.
I proceeded to cough until I could barely give her my name and birth date, she said, "Ok, I'll have a nurse call you".
That's it?
That's all the help I get right now?
I'm dying on the phone and I don't even get a "should I call paramedics for you"?
Grrr....cough, cough, cough...........

So...12:30 in the afternoon, I finally get a return call from the doctor's office. I cough, hack, and wheeze through the whole 3 minute conversation.
And, what did she tell me.... "Come in tomorrow at 11?".
Sure, I'll hold my breath until then thank you.

Day 7


Dull, gray, and cold with a chance of ....
cough, cough, cough....
ahhhhh the heck with it.
I'm going back to bed.

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...