Saturday, January 5, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Day 5 (a.k.a. ... trolling for leftovers)

I'm not sure just where everyone out there is on their schedule of taking down the Christmas decorations.
I know a few people who take theirs down the very next day and there is one person out there who is guilty of not taking his (real) tree down until March. Yea, March. And it still had most of it's needles. Amazing.

Anyway, I took my stuff down on the weekend between Christmas and New Years this year. I usually wait until after New Years Day but I just wanted to get it over with. Every year I always pack my stuff away, and day's later, I always find something I missed.

Well today, I not only found 1 thing, I found 2.

The tree skirt.
Now this one I can almost understand. Since our tree is still sitting there waiting to be planted outdoors, I technically can't put the skirt away right now. Given that, I still should not have been surprised to actually notice it today.


And...
One little gold color ball.
For some reason, I managed to pick up the other 5 little gold color balls, the 3 pine cones, and the one stuffed Chrismoose. Why, on earth, I did not notice this sitting here for a whole week, is beyond me.


I've said it before, and ( I know since Alzheimers is setting in), I'll say it again.
Getting old sucks.

Anyhoo....
It's Day 5...haHA.


Another day with a mix of clouds and sun. You can tell it was about noon (12:36 to be exact) when I took this one. The sun was just a huge blob hiding behind the clouds. 

Now, I'm going to go back through my house and see if there are any more Christmas leftovers hiding on me. Maybe I should check the back of the fridge. Uhhh....no, maybe not. Bad idea.




No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...