Wednesday, October 29, 2014

CeCe Caldwell's Paints projects and a little out-and-about-round-the-house stuff

Hello there again.
I thought I would step up my game a little and try to get another post out before next year rolls around. 
So....I thought I would show you a few projects I've been working on and then throw out a few random pictures from around the house.
Sound like fun? 
I thought so.

First off, I really would like to apologize for the quality of some of these furniture shots. I really love my working studio at Newport Marketplace. I love that I'm not filling up my house with projects in various states of completion. But I don't have a designated space in my booth for taking pictures. You know....like with adequate natural light and uncluttered space with a pretty backdrop and styling props. I guess that's something I'll have to work on.

Anyway... 

I thought this little drop front cabinet was pretty unique. It has a few water rings on the top that I really didn't try to remove. I applied a few coats of CeCe Caldwell's new Walnut Grove Stain + Finish and that reduced the appearance of the rings almost to the point of not being able to notice them. I finished the bottom of the cabinet in Beckley Coal, lightly distressed, then applied Dark Aging Wax. 

This next little stand was in pretty rough shape with peeling finish, some loose joints, a slightly cracked bottom shelf, and a little bit of over spray from someone's spray paint project. I painted this in CeCe Caldwell's Thomasville Teal the finished it with CeCe Caldwell's new Kukui Stain + Finish. I really like the way the stain works with the paint. 


This is a project that I finished for myself using the headboard from my grandparent's bedroom set. As you can see it had a white (yellowed with age) laminate finish. I already re-purposed one of the dressers into an entertainment center here. I started this project a few months ago by painting it in one of CeCe Caldwell's retired colors, Mesa Sunset. I didn't apply any sealer or wax to it at this point because I wasn't sure just how I wanted it to look yet. I had to walk by it for a couple of months before inspiration struck (like sticking your tongue in a light socket kinda struck). I decided adding CeCe Caldwell's new Hickory Stain + Finish to it would be just what it needed for a nice faux wood grain finish. If you want to duplicate this wood grain type look and can't find Mesa Sunset, the new color, Pueblo Pepper, should work just as well.


And...just so this post isn't all about paint...
I thought I would put up a few of the pictures I took before the rains totally abused the fall colors.



Then there's the random animals that have overtaken our yard.

The vocal group called "Rise and Shine".
Their favorite tune is "No more sleep for you...Cock-a-doodle-do".

Mr. Billy Goat Gruff?

And the Mrs.

Rodent patrol.

Gossip ... er .... Welcoming committee.

And of course...
Dumb and Dumber.
Partners in crime.
If it smells rotten...they will both probably eat it.

So much for October. See you in November...maybe.


No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...