Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Shut the Front Door ... Days 275 thru 304 ... The wild days of October

I know what you're thinking.
"Gee...it's been a really long time since we've heard from that crazy woman".
 
My last post was on Oct 1st believe it or not.
I've only started this post about 5 times but then I would get distracted and next thing I knew I was a few weeks behind again.

I'm not going to torture you with a full 3 months worth of pictures in one post.
I have decided to break up this post into 3 segments and only torture you 3 more times this year.
Well, maybe 4 more times. I don't know yet.

I give you October....
 
Let start where we left off at
Day 275
Ahhh.
The good ole' days.
Warm temps, colorful leaves, and green grass.
 
Day 276
Another beautiful day on the hill.
 
Day 277
Raining but hey....no snow!
 
Day 278
And...so it begins...
No pictures.
 
Day 279
No pictures.
I must have been really busy.
Yea, that's it.
My story and I'm sticking to it.
 
Day 280
Started out very gloomy.
 
Today was the last day I picked from my garden.
A bowl full of peas and yellow beans.
Not bad for October.
 
I was just finishing up in the garden when this downpour chased me back to the house.
 
Day 281
Another beautiful day.
 
Day 282
Gorgeous sunrise today.
 
It's been a little while since I've thrown in a picture of an old barn.
It's just down the road from my house.
 
Another one of my favorite shots.
Going forward, looking back.
 
Day 283
No "Shut the Front Door" pic today...
but this was my view on my way home from work.
Can you say, "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire"?
Amazing colors.
 
Day 284
No Front Door picture again today.
It would have been a nice day for a walk in the park.
Unfortunately the park is closed for the season.
 
Day 285
Gorgeous day for sure.
 
Day 286
Another beautiful clear day.
 
Amish barn in the corn field.
 
And...today the new rake for the bulldozer was delivered.
Makes for one really mean lookin' machine.
 
Day 287
Do I hear fog horns?
 
Day 288
Overcast with a slight bit of sunshine peeking through here and there.
 
Day 289
A dramatic sunset.
 
Day 290
No pictures today.
 
Day 291
And...again today.
 
Day 292
Pffffbbttt...and again today.
Pathetic.
 
Day 293
Sun coming out after the rains.
 
Day 294
No pictures.
 
Day 295
Peaceful sunset.
 
Day 296
Cloudy and cold with a chance of new shed.
 
Day 297
And then came winter.
Cold, wet, heavy, snow dropping by the bucketfulls.
 
Day 298
What a cool mix of clouds, sun, and snow here.
 
The white birch tree was having a really hard time adjusting to the change in weather.
 
The chickens and dog aren't too impressed either.
 
Day 299
Gloomy.
Nuff said.
 
Day 300
(like it's some sort of milestone or something)
A busy weather day for some reason.
Freezing rain, mixed with sleet and snow, and a sprinkle of sunshine thrown in for good measure.

It all ended with a dramatic sunset.

There are the strangest things in my rearview mirrors.
Anybody else have this problem?

Day 301
Believe it or not it's actually 8:45 in the morning here.
Very dark and creepy.

Day 302
Much better.

We fired up the wood stove for the season.
That poor tent has seen much better days. We are trying to get at least one more winter out of it.

Day 303
Winter decided to blow in for another visit.

Day 304
Figures the last day of October...no pictures.


Thanks for sticking around for another long post.
My next one will be all of November's pictures.
Then my last post for this series (finally) with all of December's pictures.

 


No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...