Saturday, October 13, 2012

Journal for Life

I needed an idea for a baby shower. I wanted something a little different to give as a gift.

A while back I came across this idea on Pintrest for a calendar type journal.
http://www.designsponge.com/2010/12/diy-project-vintage-postcard-calendar-journal.html


I thought that it would make a great gift for a new mother to document the little things that can happen from one day to the next.

I wanted to make it pretty enough to fit in with the decor of a baby's room yet not too baby 'ish' as it eventually needed to be part of an older child/young adults room.

I started with :

 Cute little box from Hobby Lobby
 
Rubber stamp set and pink ink
 
365 4x6 index cards
 
I stamped the month and day on each of the cards.
 
Added a few instructions and a sample calendar page.
 
Finished box.
 
 
It turned out really cute and the box is big enough to allow for additional pictures and keepsakes (like event or travel tickets).
I've already started shopping around for baskets to make calendars for wedding and graduation gifts.
 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...