Thursday, August 30, 2012

Learning How to Truncate Posts in Blogger

Apparently there is a problem out in blog land
 concerning a new phenomanom called "Scraping".
It should be illegal because it is piracy.
 
 


Scraper's will copy an entire post written by someone who has taken thier own time, photographs, and hard work to create.
They will put that post in their own blogs and websites and get the credit for it.
And...from what I understand, these scrapers make money for doing it.
They are the ones getting paid for the hard work that others have done.
 
I have not yet been a victim of this crime and I believe there are several reasons for that.
It's not because I'm really intelligent and tech savy and have been able to outsmart these internet pirates.
 
It's because...
1. I have no clue what I'm doing yet and they don't want to get involved in such stupidity.
2. And.. because I don't have a clue what I'm doing... I have no advertisers by which they can profit from.
3. And...because I don't have a clue what I'm doing... I have an extreamly minimal following so I know not a single scraper out there has been able to find me yet.
 
But....
I am trying very hard to be somebody in blog land and I really would like to get credit for my pictures, my writing, my thoughts (which may not always be a good thing), and what little good I can do for this world.
 
So...
I expect to have followers someday
(and not just the pity followers either but real followers who actually want to read my ramblings).
 
To sum this up...(yea, I know, finally)
I'm going to learn how to truncate (abreviate/shorten) my posts.
 
You too can learn how to truncate posts in Blogger from :
 
Gina
at The Shabby Creek Cottage
 
and
 
Shelly
at The House of Smits
 
 
 
UPDATE....Yea! it worked!
I'm celebrating because this really doesn't happen often. 
 
 

No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...